The Global Korea Graduate Scholarship has recently made available one of the most significant opportunities for scholarships. The Remarkable Scholarships 2023 (Apply Now) for Graduates application period is currently open.
Understudies from extensive variety of nations can apply this completely financed grant an open door. Under GKS, participating universities offer Masters, PhD, and Research Programs to international students.
This year, the Korean government has increased international admissions to 200,000. As a result, numerous scholarships will be available. On the off chance that you have consistently longed for concentrating on in South Korea, should apply for Worldwide Korea Grant.
You will have the opportunity to study for free at top universities with this scholarship. There are two application tracks: the Embassy Track and the University Track. To apply, you must meet the requirements for each track.
In addition, applicants must select one option from these to submit an application: general, Korean adoptees from other countries, teachers of the Korean language, or research programs. Global Korea Graduate Scholarship
The following options must be selected by applicants for the university track: A regional university’s general, research programs, or science and engineering majors. This scholarship is open to students from all over the world who wish to apply.
The scholarship encourages students to attend the best universities in South Korea. GKS is a well-known scholarship program all over the world. Additionally, the scholarship strengthens the bond between South Korea and other nations.
Additionally, the promotion of Korean culture, brand value, and the Korean language are the goals of scholarship. In order to improve their chances of receiving a scholarship, students learn Korean. Global Korea Graduate Scholarship
This scholarship program was established by the Korean Ministry of Education. KGSP, which stands for Korean Government Scholarship Program, was the previous name of the scholarship. Global Korea Graduate Scholarship
Global Korea Graduate Scholarship The scholarship is given to outstanding students who are deserving of higher education. The National Institute for International Education (NIIED) oversees and regulates GKS.
|Region of Studies||South Korea|
|Organization||government of the Republic of Korea|
|Degree Level||Undergraduate / graduate / postgraduate|
- South Korean citizenship should not be held by the applicants or their parents.
- Additionally, individuals who hold two citizenships, including one Korean, are ineligible.
- Every applicant must be a citizen of one of the invited nations that the NIIED has chosen. On the other hand, the parents might be from a nation that does not have a graduate program similar to GKS.
- A rare instance involves foreign Koreans who hold Japanese citizenship. They are eligible to apply if their parents hold a “Permanent Residency Permit” in Japan and are Korean citizens.
- All applicants will need to see proof that they have given up their Korean citizenship. This also applies to their parents, who had Korean citizenship previously.
- For the GKS Postgraduate scholarship, applicants must be under 40 years old and born after September 1, 1982. Global Korea Graduate Scholarship
- Academic professors who will be under 45 on September 1, 2023, are also eligible to apply. They must be citizens of one of the 107 nations that are recipients of official development assistance (ODA).
- A CGPA of 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, or 3.23/5.0 is required, and the percentage must be at least 80% on a scale of 100.
- You are also eligible for a master’s program if you graduated in the top 20% of your class. A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A master’s degree or equivalent education is required for admission to a doctoral program.
- The candidate must have received an invitation from any partner university in order to be considered for the research program. Global Korea Graduate Scholarship
- For the Postdoctoral Research Program, candidates must have a doctoral degree by February 28, 2023. For the Professor Exchange Program, candidates must have a Master’s degree or higher and teach at a university.
- Program for professionals in education, science, culture, and international cooperation A Master’s degree or higher is required, as is experience working in the same (ESCI) field.
- Candidates are required to select a major in Korean language and should do the same when selecting a major or field of study.
- You cannot apply if you graduated from a Korean university or high school. Ex-GKS Scholars and adoptees from other countries are also eligible.
- There is an exemption for previous GKS researchers lost grants since they neglected to pass TOPIK level 3 or above. If they have passed TOPIK level 5, they can reapply after completing the Korean course.
- Last but not least, the candidate needs to be in good physical and mental health.
Programs and Duration:
Under GKS Global Korea Graduate Scholarship, students will receive the following benefits: Full Tuition Fee
- Coverage Monthly Stipend Settlement
- Allowance Accommodation Airfare Research Support Fee Korean Language Training Medical Insurance Program (one year),
- Master’s (2 years),
- Doctoral (3 years),
- and Research (6 months or one year).
How to Apply:
- For GKS graduate programs (Masters, Doctorate, and Research), the application period typically runs from February to March. However, undergraduate GKS occurs in September. Global Korea Graduate Scholarship
- Access the application form by opening the Korean Government’s website at https://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/ko/main.do.
- There are two ways to apply: through the “embassy track” or “the university track.”
- Select the track based on your nation.
- You could also try them both.
- In the embassy track, you first apply to your country’s embassy, and then there are three more rounds. In the university track, you directly apply to a Korean university.